The Portalblau Festival was born in summer 2008 in the village of L’Escala. Throughout all its editions, it has offered a wide range of high-quality cultural proposals and has counted with the participation of artists from all over the world. Music, dance, theater, and days of debate and reflection have been part of the festival's program since the beginning.
The cultural program that we present maintains the conceptual axis that characterizes the Festival: the promotion of the values of the culture in the Mediterranean.
Will there be bar and/or restaurant service?
Depending on the space where the activity takes place, the bar and/or restaurant service may vary.
There will be a bar service (without food) at the Mar d’en Manassa concerts.
There will be no bar service in the Clos del Pastor and Cementiri Mariner spaces.
In the concerts scheduled in the space of the Roman Forum there will be Restaurant (as a novelty this year) and Bar service.
- The menu of the festival restaurant can be consulted here.
- For dinner at the restaurant it is essential to book a table by appointment by writing to [email protected]. Capacity is limited.
- At the Roman Forum concerts, the Bar service dispenses drinks and food (a different menu from the restaurant).
Drinks and food are not allowed on the premises.
Where to park?
- At the concerts scheduled at the Roman Forum of Empúries you can park inside the venue until the squares are filled. There is a car park outside the premises. In both cases it is free.
- In the activities scheduled in L'Escala, you will have to look for the public or private car park closest to the spaces where the performances take place.
The way we move is crucial to people’s quality of life. For this reason, moving sustainably contributes to improving air quality and combating pollution. For this reason, from the Portalblau Festival we ask you, whenever possible, to travel on foot or on non-polluting transport systems. In this way you will be helping to have cleaner and healthier air.
Where to stay?
L'Escala is a tourist destination that offers a great diversity of proposals to make for the whole family and for all tastes and needs. Through the visitlescala.com website or by visiting the L’Escala Tourist Office, you can find very useful information, both on accommodation and on the commercial lines available to you.
Take advantage of the Portalblau Festival to spend a few days in L'Escala. Vacances Costa Brava has houses and apartments, and the Hotel Rallye L'Escala is perfect for relaxing, they are lovers of nature, culture and gastronomy.
Phones and bookmarks
- L’Escala Tourist Office Tel. +34 972 77 06 03 – [email protected]
- Empúries. Museum of Archeology of Catalonia (MAC): 972 77 02 08
- Reservations Restaurant Festival Portalblau: [email protected]
- General information about the Portalblau Festival: [email protected]
- Incidents with the purchase of tickets: [email protected]
Values and social commitment
Culture is one of the clearly defining elements of the human race. Music and art, in all their expressions, are necessary, essential and very effective elements in the transmission of human values.
Agents involved in the organization of festivals have an opportunity to carry out this task. A task that manifests the importance of culture as an element of social cohesion.
Portalblau is a culturally and socially committed festival and will carry out the following actions, in the same way that it was also done in the 2020 edition:
- The festival will use part of the collection of tickets for the 2021 edition to different social entities.
- The festival will create a job bank to hire young people from L'Escala.
- Measures will be taken to minimize the environmental impact of the festival in order to reduce the ecological footprint.
- The festival is actively working to promote gender equality and diversity. For real and effective equality it is necessary to create possible situations that serve as benchmarks for our immediate environment.